The Institute of Collaborative Biotechnologies at UC Santa Barbara is offering a 10-week paid Summer Applied Biotechnology Research Experience (SABRE) from June 19 – August 25, 2017. Students from all science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines are encouraged to apply. This program is a great opportunity for students who want to visit another university, conduct research in a state-of-the-art laboratory, and participate in career-development activities!
A few of the program highlights include:
- $4,000 stipend
- Up to $600 for travel expenses
- Housing and meals provided
- Must be a science, engineering, and/or mathematics undergraduate or master student enrolled as a junior, senior, or masters student in the Fall 2017
- Must have a minimum B average
- Must be from an under-represented group–Blacks/African Americans, Native Americans/Alaskans, Pacific Islanders, and Latinos/Latinas.
(Being female is not considered as being a member from an under-represented group.)
Program details, application forms, and previous summer research projects are posted online at https://www.icb.ucsb.edu/sabre. The application deadline is February 15, 2017. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Stephanie Lupo via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (805) 893-8334.