The CSUDH Department of Mathematics encourages all qualified majors to apply for the Will Armacost Memorial Scholarship ($750 – mathematics majors) and the Marcie Stewart Memorial Scholarship ($750 – STEM majors) for the 2017-2018 academic year. Applications can be obtained from the Math Department Office (NSM A124) or at http://math.csudh.edu. Applications are due April 20, 2017 at 5pm. Submit applications to Margo Lopez in the Math Department Office.
Both scholarships offer benefits to students in addition to financial assistance. Winners of one of these scholarships can list their achievement in their curriculum vitae, which is helpful in applying for jobs and/or graduate programs.
Will Armacost Memorial Scholarship
The student who wins the Will Armacost Memorial Scholarship will be awarded a total of $750. To be eligible for this scholarship the student must:
- Be an undergraduate mathematics major (any option)
- Have completed at least two semesters of calculus and MAT 271 or equivalent
- Have completed at CSUDH at least three of the following courses: MAT 191, 193, 211, 213, 271, 281, 311, 321, 331, 333
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA in all math courses attempted at CSUDH
Marcie Stewart Memorial Scholarship
- The student who wins the Marcie Stewart Memorial Scholarship will be awarded a total of $750. To be eligible for this scholarship the student must:
- Be an undergraduate STEM major
- Have an overall college GPA of at least 3.0
Note: Female students majoring in Mathematics or Science are strongly encouraged to apply, including women who have had a pause in their college careers.