MS in Computer Science (MSCS)
Program Level Outcomes (PLO’s)
At the conclusion of the MS in Computer Science Program, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply theory of computation and advanced level concepts of programming
- languages to industrial and other large scale projects.
- Use Computer Science research methods including design of efficient
- algorithms approaches to create and evaluate projects and generate
- Use the software engineering process to develop software that matches
- the operating system to customer requirements.
- Successfully manage a software project from planning through
- implementation to evaluation and improvement.
In addition to the above, the student with a focus on networking will demonstrate mastery over:
- Hardware interface management between and among parallel and distributed systems, specifically as it pertains to connectivity and security.
In addition to the above, the student with a focus on software engineering will demonstrate mastery in:
- Design and analysis techniques used to structure and implement industry level applications
- Use of testing and measurement models to examine end product quality.