STEM Advantage launched our program at California State University, Dominguez Hills, in 2012. The STEM Advantage program is comprised of a paid internship, mentorship and scholarship. This 360-degree approach combines experiential, financial and directional support, and is designed to provide the support needed to keep promising scholars in a STEM program, including skills and work experience that will assist them in landing their first position after graduation, plus graduate with less student debt. To date we have selected nearly 50 STEM Advantage Scholars.
STEM Advantage Scholar benefits
- Gain relevant and practical work experience through paid internships at leading companies
- Build technical skills
- Develop communication, problem solving, collaboration and critical thinking skills
- Receive a one-on-one mentor to support both personal and professional growth
- Receive a $5000 scholarship to graduate with less student debt
- Build confidence, knowledge and experience to help realize your dreams and potential