Bixel Exchange is working with the City of Los Angeles and tech companies like Snap (maker of Snapchat), Dollar Shave Club, mitu, Boingo Wireless and many others to offer up to 100 summer internships to students like yours.
These are paid internships at major tech companies targeted largely to students from L.A. area community colleges, or who are between 18-24 years of age.
We have several internships from companies like Snap, Dollar Shave Club and mitu, along with many others. Internships include:
• Information Technology
• Software Engineering
• Product Management
• Big Data
If you’re interested in any of these internships, check out our internships folder
** Student lnternshiP- 0 P-P-Ortunities **. New companies to intern at are being added daily!
• Must be 18-24 years old OR currently enrolled in a L.A. area community college
• Must have the right to work in the United States
• Must have reliable transportation to get to work
• Must be available to work at least 20 hours per week
• May 22: Deadline extended to submit resumes for round 2 (round 1 deadline was May 15)
• May 16 – May 23: First round notifications – candidates who submitted resumes prior to May 15 will be asked to fill out an application and participate in a mock interview
• May 22 – May 25: First round mock interviews with Bixel Exchange
• May 23 – June 2: Second round notifications – candidates who submitted resumes after May 15 deadline will be asked to fill out an application and participate in a mock interview
• May 30 – June 9: First round notifications – Finalists will be invited to phone interviews and in-person interviews by tech companies
• May 30 – June 9: Second round mock interviews with Bixel Exchange
• June 5 – June 16: Second round notifications – Finalists will be invited to phone interviews and in-person interviews by tech companies
• Mid June – Mid/Late August: Internship at tech company
1. Please email a one page resume to bixelinternshiPemail@example.com by Monday, May 22, 11:59 p.m., with the subject line “[First Name] [Last Name]: Resume for Tech Internship”
2. In the body of the email, please indicate** which type of internsh ip you’d like to be considered for (feel free to select as many from the general categories below:
• Information Technology (ex: Quality Assurance, Help Desk, Connected Computing, Network Administration, Systems Analyst)
• Software Development (ex: Engineering, Web/Mobile Development, FronUBack-end Development, Product Manager)
• Design/Media Visual and Arts (ex: Graphic Designer, Production Assistant, Digital/Social Media, Marketing, Communications)
• Operations (ex: HR, Executive Team, Customer Support)
** Note: Give us at least two types of internships you’d like to be considered for.
• Your resume will be reviewed and considered for the internships in the general categories above
• If your resume is selected, we will follow up and ask you (Round 1):
o To complete an application
o To schedule a mock interview
• After successful completion of the application and mock interview, we will debrief and then make our final candidate selections who will be invited to a phone/in-person interview by a tech company
Should you have any questions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out to bixelinternshPi-s@lac hamber.com. We look forward to reviewing your resume!