Tenure-Track Assistant Professor Faculty Position
College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences
The Computer Science Department at CSU Dominguez Hills invites applications for one (1) position of tenure-track Assistant Professor. The department seeks outstanding, innovative, and visionary individuals who are committed to promoting and fostering excellence in teaching, scholarship and service. The position is available beginning August 2017.
The responsibilities of the tenure-track position include teaching, research, and service. Teaching duties may consist of day, evening, and weekend hours. Additional responsibilities include research and service consistent with the mission of the University, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the Department of Computer Science. Published research in support of this goal is expected and is a requirement for tenure and promotion.
The Computer Science Department
The department offers a B.S. degree program in Computer Science (accredited by CSAB/CSAC), a M.S. degree program in Computer Science, a B.S. degree program in Information Technology, a B.A. degree program in Computer Technology, and is planning to offer a M.A. degree in Cyber Security (pending approval). The department has a total of about 680 majors, and receives strong support from campus administrators and local industry. The department’s web page may be found at http://csc.csudh.edu.
The successful candidate is required to complete a thorough background check and the employment offer can be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying or falsified information.
- Earned doctorate in Computer Science (or in a closely related discipline with extensive background in Computer Science) is required at the time of appointment. The language of instruction is English.
- Experience and/or ability to teach undergraduates and graduates from diverse age, socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds.
- Preference will be given to those with evidence of excellence in teaching and record of published or funded research in mainstream Computer Science that falls into one of the following areas: Cyber Security, Computer Networks, Mobile Computing, and Big Data Analytics.
- Candidates with exceptionally strong published or funded research records in other core areas of mainstream Computer Science will be given preference if their teaching expertise meets department’s current instructional needs. Industry experience in one or more of the above areas is desirable.
CSU Dominguez Hills was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise the California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is a comprehensive public university located in the South Bay region of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area. With approximately 300 full-time faculty, the University serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of approximately 15,000 students in an urban setting.
How to apply
While the position will remain open until filled, review of applications will begin on the beginning of January 2017.
Register your online application/s at https://my.csudh.edu/psp/paaprd/EMPLOYEE/HDHPRD/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL and have the following documents as a single file:
- Current Curricula Vitae
- Cover letter
- List of three references with contact information
- Copy of Terminal Degree
- A Statement on Teaching
- A Statement on Research
- Sample Publications (if available)
- Teaching Evaluations (if available)
Instructions on how to submit a single document link:
Applicants that are selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be notified by the Search Committee when to submit their three letters of recommendation and official transcripts directly to the email address of CSCsearch@csudh.edu or you may mail directly to:
Dr. Jack Han, Chair of Search Committee
Computer Science Department
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Carson, CA 90747
California State University, Dominguez Hills, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may call the CSU Dominguez Hills Human Resources Office (310) 243-3771 or the Academic Affairs Personnel Services Office at (310) 243-3766.
Clery Act crime statistics for CSUDH are available at http://www.csudh.edu/dhpd/, or by calling University Police at (310) 243-3693.
Upon appointment all candidates must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.